SnaX Game Engine
A downloadable 3D Game Engine for Windows
SnaX is a fast and lightweight development tool for 3D-graphics applications based on a real-time, visual programming concept. Real-time because every update you make to your program can be viewed instantly as you develop - Visual because programming happens in a graphical environment, where writing code is replaced by linking together small, precompiled blocks of functionality called Chips.
SnaX is built for Windows 10, using DirectX 12 for state-of-the-art graphics. It got a bunch of cool features including
- An object-oriented programming design
- Build classes and class hierarchies. Visually!
- Add data members and functions. Visually!
- Override and inherit. Visually!
- Real-time physics simulations using Nvidia PhysX 4
- Open source plugin available on Github!
- Importers for many popular 3D-asset and texture formats
- Including 3ds, fbx, obj, glTF and dae.
- Low-level access to the graphics pipeline:
- Fully user-configurable material and lighting system.
- Program all shader stages using HLSL, including compute shaders.
- Forward or deferred rendering: You decide!
- HDR rendering and tone mapping: Up to you!
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR): Yes, you can!
- Fast and easy debugging
- In-game Break Points.
- View the current stack trace!
- Step into your code, edit and continue!
- Native debugging is also possible for users of the SDK.
- Built-in performance profiling
- Locate the bottlenecks!
- Statistics are available real-time!
- A C++ SDK available on Github!
- Create your own Chips!
- Integrate your favorite libraries!
More information is available on the official web site: snaxgameengine.com.
Note that SnaX is for Windows 10 only.
A DirectX 12 (Feature Level 11) compatible graphics card is required.
Current Version: 1.5.0
- SnaX - Version 1.5!39 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.